- Appendix A: Tracing System Calls
An introduction to tracing system call execution using strace(1).
- Appendix B: Parsing Command-line Options
This appendix describes the use of the getopt() library function to parse command-line arguments. Many of the example programs in the book use getopt().
- Appendix C: Casting the NULL Pointer
Why is it necessary to use a (char *) cast for the NULL pointer given as an argument to variadic functions such as execl()?
- Appendix D: Kernel Configuration
A short guide to configuring the Linux kernel.
- Appendix E: Further Sources of Information
A survey of various places to look for information on topics related to the book.
- Appendix F: Solutions to Selected Exercises
It looks like the index will come in at over 50 pages!
After the 64 chapters, we have a few pieces chasing up at the end: